You want to sell your house, and you want to get top dollar. Great!
But you probably asked yourself already “What Do I Need To Do To Sell My House?”
Here are some tips if you’re asking yourself “What do I need to do to sell my house?”
*NOTE: These instructions are if you’re looking to get full retail value for your house sale. However, if you don’t want to do all these hassles below… or don’t have the time or money to do the things below… you can still sell your house fast for an honest offer without the hassles and without wasting your time and money.
1) Clean! Empty houses gets dusty and dirty easily. So if you have a house that you want to sell, make sure it’s clean. If you don’t want to go through the hassle of deep cleaning, you can hire someone to do that.
If you’re not a neat freak, consider renting somewhere else while you’re showing off your house. Seriously, keeping everything immaculate really helps buyers feel comfortable in your space. Nothing stops people faster from buying than feeling grossed out.
2) Cultivate a cohesive, neutral style. You don’t have to paint everything white just to call it neutral. Some subtle colors can really help change the mood – for example, a soft yellow will help brighten up a dark kitchen, while a deep dark blue or green will help a bright bedroom to feel like a calm place to sleep. Just make sure you’re not painting it too dark as it has a tendecy to make the space look smaller.
Hire a professional help and buy high quality paint! Subconsciously people will pay more money for a property with just the right colors – it makes the home feel better built! Optical illusions are real and pyschologist study this stuff. You can look it up! And a reminder – don’t neglect the outside! Observe balance.
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. It might seem like a waste of money if you’re going to change a few broken things that they might replace right after moving. But really, there are a few buyers who will get a home inspevtion and use the opportunity to negotiate with you. You’ll end up paying for more if you try to hide broken things or neglected maintenance for the purchaser. You don’t want to be guilty of fraud either, don’t you?
Make 100% certain that you stay in compliance with all the laws.
It’s often a goodmove to hire a home inspector to come before you put the property on the market. If you ask in advance, they’ll often charge you a tiny rate to come back after you’ve done a bunch of minor repairs and deliver you a clean bill of health. Prospective buyers love to see an independent report on the condition of the house – it makes them feel very comfortable with the purchase.
4) Make only necessary improvements. The biggest mistake people make when getting their house ready to sell is over-improving. They often spend too much money on things that can’t be recovered in the sale.
Paint is about the only safe investment – it’s easy to overspend on almost everything else! It’s important to know what improvements will produce a return on investment to avoid burning money.
5) Get expert opinions. You should find at least a few real estate brokers who will help you price your property right, but be honest with them. If you’re going to market the property on your own, tell them! Don’t lie about your intentions. Great brokers are hard to find, but they make more money for their clients than they earn.
6) Have a really great marketing plan. It’s expensive and time-consuming to start from scratch on your own, but if you’re already a marketing expert you’re good to go.
If you’re not, spend the time listening to what the best brokers do to sell houses – just to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your House Fast?
Not everyone can do the things or wants to do the things required to sell it at full retail value to an end buyer.
Doing the repairs, cleaning the property up, upgrading the property, marketing the property… these takes time and you’ll have to spend a lot of money, too.
If you have the funds to do these... AND if you can wait the 3-9 months up to a yearto sell houses in this market… then you’ll be better off financially to do those things then list it on the MLS.
If you don’t have the funds to do these things... AND can’t wait months to sell your house… then you may be a perfect fit for our ] house buying service. You’ll submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll evaluate your house, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house in just minutes, and you can decide if it’s a fit for you.
Then we can close really FAST (often times within 7 days) if you need us to.
Take a look at what we’ll pay you not to do anything versus the time, expense and hassle involved with doing it on your own.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house”… now you have 2 solid options.
- Fix the property up and get it all nice and ready with the steps above to sell it at top dollar. This means spending money, time and effort!
- Let us do all the grunts of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.